On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
> So... the question is, do we have a concrete alternative to this that
> is well fleshed out?

I do, I do... just a little variant that is geo specific and hence
results in nicer names :-)

<fieldType name="point" latSuffix="_lat" lonSuffix="_lon/>
 <field name="home" type="point"/>
 <dynamicField name="*_lat" type="tdouble" indexed="true" stored="false"/>
 <dynamicField name="*_lon" type="tdouble" indexed="true" stored="false"/>

 <dynamicField name="*_point" type="point"/>

home_lat
home_lon

work_point_lat
work_point_lon

Note: if you want the double or tripple underscore to help prevent
collisions... then you could use latSuffix="___lat" and define the
dynamic fields that way.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com