On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Michael McCandless
<luc...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> On version numbering... my inclination would be to let Solr and Lucene
> use their own version numbers (don't sync them up).  I know it'd
> simplify our lives to have the same version across the board, but
> these numbers are really for our users, telling them when big changes
> were made, back compat broken, etc.  I think that trumps dev
> convenience.

Be sure to consider the deprecations removal, its not possible for
Solr to move to Lucene's trunk without this.

Here are two examples of necessary deprecation removals in the branch
so that Solr can use Lucene's trunk:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/f07da8e4d69f5bfe/removal_of_deprecated_htmlstrip_tokenizer_factories

It seems to be the consensus that people want a major version change
number when this is done.

So this is an example where the version numbers of Solr really do
relate to Lucene, if we want them to share the same trunk.

--
Robert Muir
rcm...@gmail.com