Otis,

Thanks for the link and the work !
Maybe around september, I will need this patch, if it's not already commit to the Solr sources.

I will also need multiple indexes searches, but understand that there is no simple, fast and genereric solution in solr context. Maybe I should lose solr caching, but it seems not an impossible work to design its own custom request handler to query different indexes, like lucene allow it.

SOLR-215 support multiple indices on a single Solr instance.  It does *not*
support searching of multiple indices at once (e.g. parallel search) and
merging of results.

--
Frédéric Glorieux
École nationale des chartes