Hi All,

I am trying to query a 6 node Solr4.7  cluster with 3 shards and  a
replication factor of 2 .

I have fronted these 6 Solr nodes using a load balancer , what I notice is
that every time I do a search of the form
q=*:*&fq=(id:9e78c064-919f-4ef3-b236-dc66351b4acf)  it gives me a result
only once in every 3 tries , telling me that the load balancer is
distributing the requests between the 3 shards and SolrCloud only returns a
result if the request goes to the core that as that id .

However if I do a simple search like q=*:* , I consistently get the right
aggregated results back of all the documents across all the shards for
every request from the load balancer. Can someone please let me know what
this is symptomatic of ?

Somehow Solr Cloud seems to be doing search query distribution and
aggregation for queries of type *:* only.

Thanks.