Hmmmm. Assuming that you aren't re-indexing the doc you're searching for...

Try issuing http://blah blah:8983/solr/collection/update?commit=true.
That'll force all the docs to be searchable. Does <1> still hold for
the document in question? Because this is exactly backwards of what
I'd expect. I'd expect, if anything, the replica (I'm trying to call
it the "follower" when a distinction needs to be made since the leader
is a "replica" too....) would be out of sync. This is still a Bad
Thing, but the leader gets first crack at indexing thing.

bq: only the replica of the shard that has this key returns the result
, and the leader does not ,

Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing. When you say
"leader", you mean the shard leader, right? The filled-in circle on
the graph view from the admin/cloud page.

And let's see your soft and hard commit settings please.

Best,
Erick