Hi,

I have data in which I will index and search on.  This data is well define such
that I can index into a single core or multiple cores like so: core_1:Jan2015,
core_2:Feb2015, core_3:Mar2015, etc.

My question is this: if I put my data in multiple cores and use distributed
search will the ranking be different if I had all my data in a single core?  If
yes, how will it be different?  Also, will facet and more-like-this quality /
result be the same?

Also, reading the distributed search wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DistributedSearch) it looks like Solr does the
search and result merging (all I have to do is issue a search), is this correct?

Thanks!

- MJ