Hello - facetting will be the same and distributed more like this is also
possible since 5.0, and there is a working patch for 4.10.3. Regular search
will work as well since 5.0 because of distributed IDF, which you need to
enable manually. Behaviour will not be the same if you rely on average document
length statistics, which is true when you use BM25 instead of the default TFIDF
similarity. Solr will do the result merging so everything is transparent,
awesome!

Markus