Shawn,

Yes, I had used java -jar start.jar. I haven't tried moving it to a local
hard disk, as I wanted to work on two machines (work and home). So was
using a pen drive as the index storage. Yesterday, I did the complete
indexing and then unplugged the drive from work machine and connected to my
personal laptop. Data folder didn't exist.

Erick,

As per your earlier suggestion, I am using Tika and SolrJ to index the data
(both binary and as well database content) and the same had been committed
using the SolrJ UpdataRequest. I was able to see the data in the admin UI
screen and even performed some searches on the index and it worked fine.

Thanks & Regards
Vijay