From: Vijaya Narayana Reddy Bhoomi Reddy
[mailto:vijaya.bhoomire...@whishworks.com]
Sent: 21 April 2015 09:22
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr Index data lost

Shawn,

Yes, I had used java -jar start.jar. I haven't tried moving it to a local hard
disk, as I wanted to work on two machines (work and home). So was using a pen
drive as the index storage. Yesterday, I did the complete indexing and then
unplugged the drive from work machine and connected to my personal laptop. Data
folder didn't exist.

Erick,

As per your earlier suggestion, I am using Tika and SolrJ to index the data
(both binary and as well database content) and the same had been committed
using the SolrJ UpdataRequest. I was able to see the data in the admin UI
screen and even performed some searches on the index and it worked fine.

Thanks & Regards

Vijay

On 21 April 2015 at 00:42, Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com