A quick Google search shows the following:

"you must set -Djute.maxbuffer in zookeeper and solr..."

What have you tried? What were the results?

What version of Solr are you using? 5.x defaults to
an individual state.json file per collection rather than
one big one for all collections, that will also help.

Best,
Erick