On 1/2/2018 3:32 PM, Sundaram, Dinesh wrote:
> I have spun up single solrcloud node on 2 servers.

This makes no sense.  If you have two servers, then you probably have
more than a single node.

> tried to synch up the data b/w those servers via zookeeper

This is not done with zookeeper.  SolrCloud should handle it
automatically.  SolrCloud uses the zookeeper database to *coordinate*
keeping machines in sync, but it's Solr that does the work, not zookeeper.

This makes even less sense when taken in context with the previous
sentence.  If you only have a single node, then you can't possibly sync
between them.

> but didn’t work well due to out of memory issues, ensemble issues with
> multiple ports connectivity. So had to move to Master slave
> replication b/w those 2 solrcloud nodes. I couldn’t find any issues so
> far. Is this advisable? Because I’m wondering that looks like mixing
> up solrcloud and master/slave replication.

If you're getting OOME problems, then whatever program threw the OOME
most likely needs more heap.  Or you need to take steps to reduce the
amount of heap that's required.  Note that this second option might not
actually be possible ... increasing the heap is probably the only option
you have.  Since version 5.0, Solr has shipped with the default heap set
to 512MB, which is extremely small.  Most users need to increase it.

You can't mix master-slave replication and SolrCloud.  SolrCloud takes
over the replication feature for its own purposes.  Trying to mix these
is going to cause you problems.  You may not run into the problems
immediately, but it is likely that you would run into a problem
eventually.  Data loss would be possible.

The latest versions of Solr have new SolrCloud replication types that
closely mimic the old master-slave replication.

Perhaps you should start over and describe what you've actually seen --
exactly what you've done and configured, and how the results differed
from your expectations.  Precise commands entered will be helpful.

Thanks,
Shawn