Is the box you're seeing this on the Overseer? Or is it in any other
way "special", like has all the leaders? And I'm assuming all these
are NRT replicas, not TLOG or PULL.

What are you doing when these occur? Queries? Updates? If you're doing
updates, are these coincident with each request? Each commit (which
you shouldn't be doing from the client anyway)? If they're coincident
with updating, are you updating in batches or a single doc at a time?

I can imagine each update or commit gets the status, although even
that seems questionable.

If you can pin down a bit what actions trigger the request that'd help a lot.

Best,
Erick