Hi Shawn,

We¹re equally impressed by how well the server is handling it. We¹re using
Sematext for monitoring and the load on the box has been steady under 1
and not entering a swap state memory wise.

We are 100% certain the traffic is coming from the 3 web hosts running
this code. We have put some custom logging in place that logs all requests
to an access style log and stores that data in kibana/logstash. In
logstash we are able to confirm that all these requests (~40million in the
last 12 hours) are coming from our web front ends directly to a single box
in the cluster.

Our client codes is on separate servers from our solr servers and zk has
it¹s own boxes as well.

Here¹s a scrubbed pastbin of our cluster status response from that machine
that is getting all the traffic, I pulled this via browser on my local
machine.
https://pastebin.com/42haKVME

We can attempt to update the SolrJ dependency on our lower env and see if
that fixes the problem if you think that a good course of action, but we
are also in the midst of switching over to HTTP Client to resolve the
production issues we are seeing ASAP, so I can¹t promise a timeline. If
you think there¹s a chance that will fix this, we could of course give it
a quick go.

-TZ