My presentation from 2016 may be interesting as I deconstruct a Solr
example, including the tips/commands on how to do so:
https://www.slideshare.net/arafalov/rebuilding-solr-6-examples-layer-by-layer-lucenesolrrevolution-2016

The commands start around the slide 20.

Hope this helps,
    Alex.
P.s. If this (and other's ideas) is not enough, make sure to mention
the Solr version when you come back for additional questions. It may
help to know which files to recommend checking for additional hints.