On 5/3/2019 1:44 PM, Erick Erickson wrote:
Then git will let you check out any previous branch. 4.2 is from before we
switched to Git, co I’m not sure you can go that far back, but 4x is probably
close enough for comparing configs.

Git has all of Lucene's history, and most of Solr's history, back to when Lucene and Solr were merged before the 3.1.0 release. So the 4.x releases are there:

--------------------
elyograg@smeagol:~/asf/lucene-solr$ git checkout releases/lucene-solr/4.2.1
Checking out files: 100% (13209/13209), done.
Note: checking out 'releases/lucene-solr/4.2.1'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

  git checkout -b <new-branch-name>

HEAD is now at 50c41a3e5c Lucene Java 4.2.1 release.

Thanks,
Shawn