Thanks! Alexandre's presentation is helpful in understanding what's not
essential.  David's suggesting of comparing config files is good - I'll
have to see if I can dig up the config files for version 4.2, which we're
currently running.

I'll also look into updating to a supported version. I guess I'll be
reading https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/upgrading-solr.html and
the similar ones for later versions.  Is an upgrade guide for version 4 to
5 still around somewhere?