The other option was actually couchdb. It was very nice but the benefits
were not compelling compared to the pure simplicity of just having solr.

With the replication just so simple to setup now - it really does seem to
solve all the problems we are looking for in a redundant distributed storage
solution.

--
Regards,

Ian Connor