I've run into this in the past as well. Its fairly annoying. Anyone know why the limitation? Why aren't we passing the ClassLoader thats loading Solr classes as the parent to the lib dir plugin classloader?

- Mark

Erik Hatcher wrote:
This is probably because Solr loads its extensions from a custom class loader, but if that class then needs to access things from the classpath, it is only going to see the built-in WEB-INF/lib classes, not solr/home lib JAR files. Maybe there is a Spring way to point it at that lib directory also? This is the kinda pain we get, it seems, when reinventing a container, unfortunately.

    Erik