: Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 08:27:58 -0400
: From: Mark Miller
: Subject: Re: Solr spring application context error
:
: I've run into this in the past as well. Its fairly annoying. Anyone know why
: the limitation? Why aren't we passing the ClassLoader thats loading Solr
: classes as the parent to the lib dir plugin classloader?

FWIW: We do.

I'm not sure what exactly the problem might have been in this thread
(class loaders are nightmares, and spring doesn't make life any easier
unless *everything* involved is using spring) but SolrResourceLoader uses
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader() to set the parent class
loader unless an explict parent class loader was specified. (the webapp
loader is the parent for the solr shardLib loader, which is the parent for
the individual core loaders)

at least ... that's the way it use to work, and skimming the code it
doesn't look like it's been broken (in an obvious way)

-Hoss