Hello,

     I started to use solr only recently using the ruby/rails sunspot-solr
client. I use solr on a slovak/czech data set and realized one not wanted
behaviour of the search. When the user searches an expression or word which
contains dicritics, letters like š, č, ť, ä, ô,... usually the special
characters are omitted in the search query. In this case solr does not
return records which contain the expression intended to be found by the
user.
     How can I configure solr in a way, that it founds records containing
special characters, even if they are without special accents in the query?

     Some info about my solr instance: Solr Specification Version: 1.3.0Solr
Implementation Version: 1.3.0 694707 - grantingersoll - 2008-09-12
11:06:47Lucene Specification Version: 2.4-devLucene Implementation Version:
2.4-dev 691741 - 2008-09-03 15:25:16

Thank for your help, regards,

     Georg