Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, perhaps I am closer to the goal, but still don't
get the result. I would like to find accented characters (mapped by the
MappingCharFilterFactory) by writing unaccented queries. On this page:

http://issues.ez.no/IssueView.php?Id=14742&activeItem=2

I've found that the MappCharFilter should be added to both the index and
query type of analyzers.... I heard of these two types now for first. Is
this the issue? I did not have so far any my analyzers marked with type
"index" neither "query".

Now I use these schema.xml snippets.

    <fieldtype class='solr.TextField' name='text'
positionIncrementGap='100'>
      <analyzer>
        <charFilter class="solr.MappingCharFilterFactory"
          mapping="mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt"/>
        <filter class='solr.StandardFilterFactory' />
        <filter class='solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory' />
      </analyzer>
    </fieldtype>

and

    <field indexed='true' multiValued='true' name='text' stored='false'
type='text' />

Please excuse my little knowledge in solr...very curious about cracking this
nut. Thanks!

Georg