> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the suggestions, perhaps I am closer to the
> goal, but still don't
> get the result. I would like to find accented characters
> (mapped by the
> MappingCharFilterFactory) by writing unaccented queries. On
> this page:
>
> http://issues.ez.no/IssueView.php?Id=14742&activeItem=2
>
> I've found that the MappCharFilter should be added to both
> the index and
> query type of analyzers.... I heard of these two types now
> for first. Is
> this the issue? I did not have so far any my analyzers
> marked with type "index" neither "query".

Since it is not marked with type "index" neither "query", it used for both.

Can you try this fieldType and give feedback:

<fieldtype class='solr.TextField' name='text' positionIncrementGap='100'>
      <analyzer>
        <charFilter class="solr.MappingCharFilterFactory"
          mapping="mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt"/>
          <tokenizer class="solr.CharStreamAwareWhitespaceTokenizerFactory"/>
          <filter class='solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory' />
      </analyzer>
</fieldtype>

Just to make sure:

You are using latest nightly build of solr, right?

mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt file - under the conf directory - contains the
character mappings that you want to replace?

Just FYI StandardFilter is meaningless without StandardTokenizer. So i removed
it from you field type.

Hope this helps.