Take a look at the MappingCharFilterFactory (in Solr 1.4) and/or the
ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory.

: Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:30:08 +0200
: From: "[ISO-8859-1] Gy�rgy Frivolt" <gyorgy.friv...@gmail.com>
: To: solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
: Subject: Searching with or without diacritics
:
: Hello,
:
:      I started to use solr only recently using the ruby/rails sunspot-solr
: client. I use solr on a slovak/czech data set and realized one not wanted
: behaviour of the search. When the user searches an expression or word which
: contains dicritics, letters like š, č, ť, ä, ô,... usually the special
: characters are omitted in the search query. In this case solr does not
: return records which contain the expression intended to be found by the
: user.
:      How can I configure solr in a way, that it founds records containing
: special characters, even if they are without special accents in the query?
:
:      Some info about my solr instance: Solr Specification Version: 1.3.0Solr
: Implementation Version: 1.3.0 694707 - grantingersoll - 2008-09-12
: 11:06:47Lucene Specification Version: 2.4-devLucene Implementation Version:
: 2.4-dev 691741 - 2008-09-03 15:25:16
:
: Thank for your help, regards,
: