I am thinking that my example was too simple/generic :-U.  It is possible for
more several dynamic fields to exist and other functionality to be required.
i.e. what about if my example had read:

http://localhost:8994/solr/select?q=((Foo1:3 OR Foo2:3 OR Foo3:3 OR …
Foo999:3) AND (Bar1:1 OR Bar2:1 OR Bar3:1...Bar999:1) AND (Etc1:7 OR Etc2:7
OR Etc3:7...Etc:999:7)

obviously a nasty query (and care would be needed for MAX_BOOLEAN_CLAUSES).
that said, are there other mechanisms to better handle that type of query,
i.e.:

http://localhost:8994/solr/select?q=(myfunction(‘Foo’, 3) AND
myfunction('Bar', 1) AND (myfunction('Etc', 7))