what all other searches you would like to perform on these fields?

>From the proposed function definition I believe that when foo*:3 is to be
searched all foo* would be searched and none are to be excluded. Assuming
that this is the only search that are to be performed on these fields, we
might declare the dynamic field foo* and rather than constructing fields
actual name with property key we can construct it with the "to be searched
value" and store key as the value.

So assume we want to search fooA:X fooB:X fooC:X.... I would rather store
fooX as the multivalued field and store all A, B, C as its values.

The search query can be FooX:*, that is if field fooX exists, get all the
values for the same.

But again as I asked first, it would depend on what kind of other queries
you want  to perform.

regards,
aakash