On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Fuad Efendi <f...@efendi.ca> wrote:

> - something obviously wrong in your case, 130ms is too high. Is it
> dedicated
> server? Disk swapping? Etc.

It's that my queries are ridiculously complex.  My users are very familiar
with boolean searching, and I'm doing a lot of processing outside of Solr
that increases the query size by something like 50x.

I'm OK with the individual query time -- I can always shave terms off if I
must.  It's the difference between 1 Tomcat and 8 Tomcats that is the
problem: I'd like to be able to harness all 8 CPUs!  While my test corpus is
45K docs, my actual corpus will be 30MM, and so I'd like to get all the
performance I can out of my box.

Michael