On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Michael <solrco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using a Solr 1.4 nightly from around July.  Is that recent enough to
> have the improved reader implementation?
> I'm not sure whether you'd call my operations IO heavy -- each query has so
> many terms (~50) that even against a 45K document index a query takes 130ms,
> but the entire index is in a ramfs.

This could well be IO bound - lots of seeks and reads.
Perhaps try on a normal filesystem and see if you still see the
serialization - someone recently saw some funny results with tmpfs and
lucene, so it would be good to rule that out.

If you want to try and rule out tomcat, throw the webapp in jetty.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com