On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar <
shalinman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 2:39 AM, Prasanna R <plistma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > It works fine as long as the terms are not repeated across documents.
> > >

> >  I do not follow why terms repeating across documents would be an issue.
> As
> > long as you can differentiate between multiple matches and rank them
> > properly it should work right?
> >

> A prefix search would return documents. If a field X being used for
> auto-complete has the same value in two documents then the user will see
> the
> same value being suggested twice.

 That is right. I will have to handle removing duplicate values from the
results returned by the result handler.

> > We do auto-complete through prefix searches on shingles.
> >

> Just to confirm, do you mean using EdgeNgram filter to produce letter
> ngrams
> of the tokens in the chosen field?
>

> No, I'm talking about prefix search on tokens produced by a ShingleFilter.

I did not know about the Prefix query parser in Solr. Thanks a lot for
pointing out the same.

I find relatively little online material about the Solr/Lucene prefix query
parser. Kindly point me to any useful resource that I might be missing.

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,

Prasanna.