Oh, here's a modified/improved version of what I described in my first email:

1. Queries like "id:123" which work fine in /solr/admin web interface but
returns nothing in Luke. Query "*:*" returns all records fine in Luke. I
expect Luke returns the same result as /solr/admin since it's essentially
a Lucene query?

2. When Luke displays records with query "*:*", it shows the string
values fine but the numeric fields and date fields show blank. It shows
DocID OK, though. I expect Luke to be able to show non-string values, too.