At the Lucene Revolution conference I asked about efficiently building a filter
query from an external list of Solr unique ids.

Some use cases I can think of are:
1)      personal sub-collections (in our case a user can create a small subset
of our 6.5 million doc collection and then run filter queries against it)
2)      tagging documents
3)      access control lists
4)      anything that needs complex relational joins
5)      a sort of alternative to incremental field updating (i.e. update in an
external database or kv store)
6)      Grant's clustering cluster points and similar apps.

Grant pointed to SOLR 1715, but when I looked on JIRA, there doesn't seem to be
any work on it yet.

Hoss  mentioned a couple of ideas:
            1) sub-classing query parser
        2) Having the app query a database and somehow passing something to
Solr or lucene for the filter query

Can Hoss or someone else point me to more detailed information on what might be
involved in the two ideas listed above?

Is somehow keeping an up-to-date map of unique Solr ids to internal Lucene ids
needed to implement this or is that a separate issue?

Tom Burton-West
http://www.hathitrust.org/blogs/large-scale-search