On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Burton-West, Tom <tburt...@umich.edu> wrote:
> At the Lucene Revolution conference I asked about efficiently building a
> filter query from an external list of Solr unique ids.

Yeah, I've thought about a special query parser and query to deal with
this (relatively) efficiently, both from a query perspective and a
memory perspective.

Should be pretty quick to throw together:
- comma separated list of terms (unique ids are a special case of this)
- in the query, store as a single byte array for efficiency
- sort the ids if they aren't already sorted
- do lookups with a term enumerator and skip weighting or anything
else like that
- configurable caching... may, or may not want to cache this big query

That's only part of the stuff you mention, but seems like it would be
useful to a number of people.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com