On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 08:40 -0500, "Estrada Groups"
<estrada.adam.gro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What are the advantages of using something like HBase over your standard
> Lucene index with Solr? It would seem to me like you'd be losing a lot of
> what Lucene has to offer!?!

I think Steven is saying that he has an indexer app that reads from
HBase and writes to a standard Solr by hitting its Rest API.

So, nothing funky, just a little app that reads from HBase and posts to
Solr.

Upayavira

> On Jan 31, 2011, at 5:34 AM, Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:30 AM, Jianbin Dai <j...@huawei.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>

> >> Do we have data import handler to fast read in data from noSQL database,
> >> specifically, MongoDB I am thinking to use?
> >>
> >> Or a more general question, how does Solr work with noSQL database?
> >>

> > Can't say anything about MongoDB, but we have an integration of SOLR with
> > HBase inside Lily - www.lilyproject.org. It indeed uses the 'normal' SOLR
> > index update API rather than a DIH - as we had the need to have incremental
> > updates. The Indexer component we wrote does mapping from Lily/HBase schema
> > to SOLR, as we also felt the need that both schemas shouldn't necessarily be
> > identical.
> >
> > Steven.
> > --
> > Steven Noels
> > http://outerthought.org/
> > Scalable Smart Data
> > Makers of Kauri, Daisy CMS and Lily

---
Enterprise Search Consultant at Sourcesense UK,
Making Sense of Open Source