Hi Erick,

I have a multivalued field "GOK" (local classification scheme) with separate
entries of the sort
 IA 300; IC 330; IA 317; IA 318, i.e. 1 to 3 capital characters, space, 3
digits.
I want to be able to perform a truncated search on that field:
either just the string before the space, or a combination of that string with 1
or 2 digits, something like:
GOK:IA
or
GOK:IA 3*
or
GOK:IA 31?
My problem is the clash between the phrase (GOK:"IA 317" works) and the
wildcards.

As a start I tried as type
<fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100"
autoGeneratePhraseQueries="true">
from the solr 3.2 distribution schema
(apache-solr-3.2.0/example/solr/conf/schema.xml),
the field is just
<field name="GOK" type="text" multiValued="true"/>

BTW, I have another field "DDC" with entries of the form "t1:086643" with
analogous requirements which yields similar problems due to the colon, also
indexed as text.
Here also
DDC:T1\:086643
works, but not
DDC:T1\:08664?

Thanks in advance
Thomas

> Yes there is, but you haven't provided enough information to
> make a suggestion. What isthe fieldType definition? What is
> the field definition?
>
> Two resources that'll help you greatly are:
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters
>
> and the admin/analysis page...
>
> Best
> Erick
>
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Thomas Fischer <fischer...@aon.at> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am testing solr 3.2 and have problems with wildcards.
>> I am indexing values like "IA 300; IC 330; IA 317; IA 318" in a field "GOK",
>> and can't find a way to search with wildcards.
>> I want to use a wild card search to match something like "IA 31?" but cannot
>> find a way to do so.
>> GOK:IA\ 38* doesn't work with the contents of GOK indexed as text.
>> Is there a way to index and search that would meet my requirements?
>>
>> Thomas

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Thomas Fischer