Le 6 août 2011 à 02:09, Yonik Seeley a écrit :

> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net> wrote:
>> my solr is coming to slowly reach its memory limits (8Gb) and the stats
>> displays me a reasonable fieldCache (1800) but 4820 searchers. That sounds a
>> bit much to me, each has been opened in its own time since the last restart
>> about two weeks ago.
>
> Definitely sounds like a reference leak.
> What version are you using?

1.4.1.

> Is this stock Solr, or do you have any custom request handlers or
> anything else that could be forgetting to decrement the reference
> count of the searchers it uses?

I have a custom query-handler and a custom response writer.
I also use the velocity response-writer (for debug purposes).
None store a searcher or params, I believe.

I have a query in the query handler that is a thread-local (it's a large
"preferring" query that I add to every query). Could this be the reason?

I also have a thread-local that stores a date-formatter.

Should I post my config?

paul