Le 6 août 2011 à 20:21, Yonik Seeley a écrit :

> It is creating a new searcher, but then closing the old searcher after
> all currently running requests are done using it (that's what the
> reference counting is for).
> After the searcher is closed, it's removed from the list.

Not if using:
          rb.req.getCore().getSearcher().get().getReader()
right?

> Pay attention to the address of the searcher on the stats page:
>  searcherName : Searcher@7d0ade7e main
> You should see the address change after a commit.

I saw that one.
But how can I see retention?

I'm trying to isolate the probable cause of retention and actually see an
impact of my (tiniest!) code change.
Since each release does take an amount of time of multiple persons and the
actual bug (memory hogging) is only reached after a long time, I would like to
be sure of things.

paul