I don't quite understand what you're trying to do. MultiValued is
a bit misleading. All it means is that you can add the same
field multiple times to a document, i.e. (XML example)
<doc>
  <add name="field">value1 value2 value3</add>
  <add name="field">value4 value5 value6</add>
</doc>

will succeed if "field" is multiValued and fail if not.

This will work if "field" is NOT multiValued:
<doc>
  <add name="field">value1 value2 value3 value4 value5 value6</add>
</doc>

and, assuming WhitespaceTokenizer, the field "field" will contain
the exact same tokens. The only difference *might* be the
offsets, but don't worry about that quite yet, all it would really
affect is phrase queries.

With that as a preface, I don't see why copyField has anything
to do with your problem, you'd get the same results faceting
on the title field, assuming identical analyzer chains.

Faceting on a text field is iffy, it can be quite expensive. What you'd
get in the end, though, is a list of the top words in your corpus for
that field counted from the documents that satisfied the query. Which
sounds like what you're after.

Best
Erick