Hi Darul, it actually depends in if you want the top terms in the documents
that hit a query (in which case you'll need something like the faceting
approach you are mentioning) or the top terms for the field in general,
regardless of a specific query, in that case the easiest way to go is with
the TermsComponent. The second one will me much more efficient but the use
case is different. See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent
You'll see an example of use in the default solrconfig.xml under a request
handler called "/terms"