I got it fixed now I think.

I thought that if you used it like "hl.q=spell Checker" it would use the
query analysis of the field that was being highlighted as default. But in my
case it needs to be "hl.q=content_hl:(spell Checker)" for it to work. The
behavour I got default made no sense whatsoever.

Right. You can also use localParams for hl.q.

Could you be so kind to explain a bit more how hl.q is supposed to work and
with some examples?

My motivation was described here when I proposed hl.q:

But I think hl.q can be used to overwrite q for highlighting.
For example, if q is a boolean query of "A AND B", you can expand it to
"A AND B AND C" or shrink it to "A" for hl.q.

koji
--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/