Koji Sekiguchi wrote

> (12/02/14 22:25), O. Klein wrote:
>> I have not been able to find any logic in the behavior of hl.q and how it
>> analyses the query. Could you explain how it is supposed to work?
>
> Nothing special on hl.q. If you use hl.q, the value of it will be used for
> highlighting rather than the value of q. There's no tricks, I think.
>
> koji
> --
> Apache Solr Query Log Visualizer
> http://soleami.com/

Field definitions:
content_text (no stopwords, only synonyms in index)
content_hl (stopwords, synonyms in index and query, and only field in hl.fl)

Searching is done with edismax on content_text

1. If I use a query like hl.q=spell Check it doesn't highlight terms with
uppercase, synonyms get highlighted (all fields have LowerCaseFilterFactory)

2. hl.q=content_hl:(spell Check) also highlights terms with uppercase,
synonyms are not highlighted

4. hl.q=content_hl:(spell Check) content_text:(spell Check) highlights terms
with uppercase and synonyms, but sometimes no highlights at all.

So if 1 also highlights terms with uppercase I get the behavior I need. I
can do this on client side, but maybe it's a bug?