O. Klein wrote

>> Hmm, now the synonyms aren't highlighted anymore.
>>
>> OK back to basic (im using trunk and FVH).
>>
>> What is the way to go about if I want to search on a field without
>> stopwords, but still want to highlight the stopwords? (and still
>> highlight synonyms and stemmed words)?
>>

> I made new field content_hl to prevent problems coming from copyField.
>
> When using hl.q=content_hl:(spell Check) I now get highlighting including
> stopwords.
>
> but when using hl.q=content_hl:(SC) where SC is synonym I get no
> highlighting.
>
> Can you verify if synonyms work when using hl.q?

OK I got it working by using hl.q=content_hl:(spell Check)
content_text:(spell Check) but it makes no sense to me.

only difference between the 2 fields is the use of Stopwords.

What's also weird is that a query like hl.q=content_spell:(SC) also
highlights synonyms, eventhough this field has no synonyms.

I have not been able to find any logic in the behavior of hl.q and how it
analyses the query. Could you explain how it is supposed to work?