We recently migrated from solr3.1 to solr3.5,  we have one master and one
slave configured. The master has two cores,

1) Core1 - 44555972 documents

2) Core2 - 29419244 documents

We commit every 5000 documents, but lately the commit is taking very long 15
minutes plus in some cases. What could have caused this, I have checked the
logs and the only warning i can see is,

"WARNING: Use of deprecated update request parameter update.processor
detected. Please use the new parameter update.chain instead, as support for
update.processor will be removed in a later version."

Memory details:

export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xms6g -Xmx36g -XX:MaxPermSize=5g"

Solr Config:

<useCompoundFile>false</useCompoundFile>

<mergeFactor>10</mergeFactor>

<ramBufferSizeMB>32</ramBufferSizeMB>

<!-- <maxBufferedDocs>1000</maxBufferedDocs> -->

  <maxFieldLength>10000</maxFieldLength>

  <writeLockTimeout>1000</writeLockTimeout>

  <commitLockTimeout>10000</commitLockTimeout>

What could be causing this, as everything was running fine a few days back?

Regards,

Rohit

Mobile: +91-9901768202

About Me:  <http://about.me/rohitg> http://about.me/rohitg