Am 08.01.2013 10:26, schrieb Uwe Reh:
OK, OK,
I will try it again with dynamic fields.

NO!
dynamic fields are nice, but not for my problem. :-(

I got more than *520000* new fields.
I was wrong, the impact on searching is really reasonable. But have you ever used the Admin's Schema Browser with that much fields? I suppose never, my Installation (4.1) freezes the FireFox while the JS-job runs into a timeout.
At most I don't like it, because having that much fields 'smells' for me.

Before anyone asks the XY question.
The index is intended for a library's catalog and the quest is "Find all members of a series (eg. penguin books, paperbacks) and order them on their sortkey". Unfortunately titles may belong to several (sub)series with different sortkeys.

Still seeking for better approaches.
Uwe