On 3/18/2013 11:47 AM, Gian Maria Ricci wrote:
I want to deploy a custom filter developed in java to Solr4, my problem is
that it requires to access Sql Server, so it depends from sqljdbc4.jar, but
I got a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Solr has a property "solr.solr.home" (which defaults to solr in the current working directory) ... this is the directory where solr.xml lives. By default, Solr is supposed to look for a lib directory in this location, from which jar files can be loaded by all cores. I make this explicit in my config with a 'sharedLib="lib"' attribute on the solr tag in solr.xml, but it's my understanding that this config is not strictly required.

I put all jar files required by Solr here. My solr.solr.home is set to /index/solr4:

ncindex@bigindy5 ~ $ ls /index/solr4/lib
icu4j-49.1.jar
lucene-analyzers-icu-4.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
mysql-connector-java-5.1.22-bin.jar
solr-dataimporthandler-4.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
solr-dataimporthandler-extras-4.3-SNAPSHOT.jar

Thanks,
Shawn