Thanks to everyone, now I have a clearer understanding of  where to put my
jar dependencies.

Gian Maria.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:s...@elyograg.org]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 11:57 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: how to deploy customization in solr that requires dependency

On 3/18/2013 11:47 AM, Gian Maria Ricci wrote:
> I want to deploy a custom filter developed in java to Solr4, my
> problem is that it requires to access Sql Server, so it depends from
> sqljdbc4.jar, but I got a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Solr has a property "solr.solr.home" (which defaults to solr in the current
working directory) ... this is the directory where solr.xml lives.  By
default, Solr is supposed to look for a lib directory in this location, from
which jar files can be loaded by all cores.  I make this explicit in my
config with a 'sharedLib="lib"' attribute on the solr tag in solr.xml, but
it's my understanding that this config is not strictly required.

I put all jar files required by Solr here.  My solr.solr.home is set to
/index/solr4:

ncindex@bigindy5 ~ $ ls /index/solr4/lib icu4j-49.1.jar
lucene-analyzers-icu-4.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
mysql-connector-java-5.1.22-bin.jar
solr-dataimporthandler-4.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
solr-dataimporthandler-extras-4.3-SNAPSHOT.jar

Thanks,
Shawn