Posted the solr config up as http://apaste.info/4eKC (hope that works).
 Note that this is largely a hold-over from upgrades of previous solr
versions, there may be lots of cruft left over.  If it's advisable to do
so, I would certainly be open to starting from scratch with a 4.3+ example
configuration.

I will take up the logging portions you listed there, to see where I might
have missed a library or configuration point, thanks.