On 7/3/2013 9:29 AM, Neal Ensor wrote:
Posted the solr config up as http://apaste.info/4eKC (hope that works).
  Note that this is largely a hold-over from upgrades of previous solr
versions, there may be lots of cruft left over.  If it's advisable to do
so, I would certainly be open to starting from scratch with a 4.3+ example
configuration.

I will take up the logging portions you listed there, to see where I might
have missed a library or configuration point, thanks.

You have a LOT of auto warming in your cache configuration. Unless your filter queries are really super simple, a more realistic autowarmCount for the filterCache is low double digits or even single digit. If they are super simple, a number like 64 might be OK. For the queryResultCache, I don't think I would go above a few hundred at the absolute most. You probably don't need overall cache sizes that large, but that shouldn't cause any problems, unless it is pushing the limits of your java heap.

The high numbers that you have mean that every commit with openSearcher set to true (the default) will result in Solr running 4608 queries against the new index before it can go online. If both master and slave servers have similar config, it will happen on both. As you might imagine, this many queries can take a very long time, which can lead to a whole cascade of other problems, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that replication is affected.

Try reducing the autowarmCount values drastically and see what happens.

Thanks,
Shawn