Hey Guys,

I've finally finished my Spring Java application that uses SOLR for
searches and just had performance related question about SOLR. I'm indexing
exactly 1000 *OR* 2000 records every second. Every record having 13 fields
including 'id'. Majority of the fields are solr.StrField (no filters) with
characters ranging from 5 - 50 in length and one field which is text_t
(solr.TextField) which can be of length 100 characters to 2000 characters
and has the following tokenizer and filters

   - PatternTokenizerFactory
   - LowerCaseFilterFactory
   - SynonymFilterFactory
   - SnowballPorterFilterFactory.

I'm not using shards. I was hoping when searches get slow I will consider
this or should I consider this now ?

*Questions:*

   - I'm using SOLR autoCommit (every 15 minutes) with openSearcher set as
   true. I'm not using autoSoftCommit because instant availability of the
   documents for search is not necessary and I don't want to chew up too much
   memory because I'm consider Cloud hosting.
   *<autoCommit>
   **    <maxTime>900000</maxTime>
   **    <openSearcher>true</openSearcher>
   **</autoCommit>
   *will this effect the query performance of the client website if the
   index grew to 10 million records ? I mean while the commit is happening
   does that *effect the performance of queries* and how will this effect
   the queries if the index grew to 10 million records ?
   - What *hosting specs* should I get ? How much RAM ? Considering my
   - client application is very simple that just register users to database
   and queries SOLR and displays SOLR results.
   - simple batch program adds the 1000 OR 2000 documents to SOLR every
   second.

I'm hoping to deploy the code next week, if you guys can give me any other
advice I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks
Ayman