Thanks Shawn and Aditya. Really appreciate your help. Based on your advice
and reading the SolrPerformance article Shawn linked me to, I ended up
getting Intel Dual Core (2 Core) i3 3220 3.3Ghz with 36GB RAM with 2 x
125GB SSD drives for 227$ per month. It's still expensive for me but I got
it anyway because a very basic dedicated host in Australia is for 150$ per
month. VPS in Australia don't offer more then 2GB. I hope I made the right
decision. What do you guys think ?

Thanks
Ayman