: Sorry for the multi-post, seems like the .tdump files didn't get
: attached.  I've tried attaching them as .txt files this time.

Interesting ... it looks like 2 of your cores are blocked in loaded while
waiting for the searchers to open ... not clera if it's a deaklock or why
though - in both cases the coreLoaderThread is trying to register stuff
with JMX, which is asking for stats right off the bat (not sure why),
which requires accessing the searcher and is waiting for that to be
available.  but then you also have "newSearcher" listener events which
are using the spellcheck componnent which is blocked waiting for that
searcher as well.

Do all of your cores have "newSearcher" event listners configured or just
2 (i'm trying to figure out if it's a timing fluke that these two are
stalled, or if it's something special about the configs)

Can you try removing the newSearcher listners to confirm that that does in
fact make the problem go away?

With the newSearcher listeners in place, Can you try setting
"spellcheck=false" as a query param on the newSearcher listeners you have
configured and see if that works arround the problem?

Assuming it's just 2 cores using these listeners: can you reproduce this
problem with a simpler seup where only one of the affected cores is in
use?

can you reproduce using Solr 4.4?

It would be helpful if you could create a jira and attach...

* your complete configs -- or at least some configs similar to
yours that are complete enough to reproduce the startup problem.
* some sample data (based on
your initial description, i'm guessing there at least needs to be a
handful of docs in the index -- and most likelye they need to match your
warming query -- but we don't need your actual indexes, just some docs
that will work with your configs that we can index & restart to see the
problem.
* these thread dumps.

-Hoss