To "replace" a Solr document, simply "add" it again using the same technique used to insert the original document. The "set" option for atomic update is only used when you wish to selectively update only some of the fields for a document, and that does require that the update log be enabled using <updateLog>.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Brent Ryan
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 4:59 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: SOLRJ replace document

How do I replace a document in solr using solrj library?  I keep getting
this error back:

org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException:
Atomic document updates are not supported unless <updateLog/> is configured

I don't want to do partial updates, I just want to replace it...

Thanks,
Brent